Home Index Licences FAQ

FAQ7:  Thinking of Changing your Boat?

To avoid possible disappointment, consult the Harbour Board before committing to any new vessel but particularly cruisers.  You are only licensed for vessels that you have been invoiced for and have paid for, and that there is space for.  Changes that you think are insignificant, may in fact be problematic from an overall LFHA point of view.  Note that there are limitations to the maximum size of vessels that can be accommodated.

As there can be waiting lists for summer dry berths for dinghies and winter dry-berths for cruisers, capacity constraints dictate possibilities.

As an existing member, to apply to  the Board for a change of license, use the Variation of Requirement option under ‘Licenses’ above.